- 1 packet rice paper
- 500g chicken breast, cut into strips and browned on the stove in coconut oil or 1 BBQ chicken, pulled off the bone.
- 1 packet vermicilli noodles
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 carrots, finely grated
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- Cucumber, grated
- Tasty cheese, grated
- Get one large heat proof bowl and pour boiling water in until 3/4 full. Place vermicilli noodles into the boiling water and leave to sit for 10-15 minutes before draining. Once they have softened, drain the noodles using a strainer and set aside.
- Get another large heat proof bowl and half fill with warm water.
- Take rice paper and place on a chopping board. Place small number of noddles in the middle of the rice paper, along with chicken and your choice of salad / vegetables in the middle.
- Take one side of rice paper and cover the ingredients in the middle tightly, and start rolling by folding in eachside over the ingredients so they are packed tighly within the rice paper.
- Repeat the process until you have the desired quantity or until the fillings are used up.
- Make sure you put the rice paper in the warm water for too long, otherwise it will break. Only dip in the warm water for around 3-5 seconds or until just soft.
- Place rice paper rolls in an air tight container and store in the refrigerator.
Optional: Dip into tamari sauce, homemade mayonaise or coconut amino’s sweet chilli sauce.
Variations: Put your choice of fillings in the rice paper rolls.