With starting my Naturopath To You business 2 years ago, I wanted to celebrate by making and sharing a delicious recipe! I absolutely LOVE limes, so a Key Lime Pie was perfect. It is quite simple to make and can be taken out of the freezer to thaw slightly before serving.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 8 medjool dates
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (preservative free)’1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water for 4 hours
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (roughly 4-6 limes)
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder (health food store)
- 2 tablespoons collagen (health food store, I use Nutri Organics)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
For the base, place all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Pour into a springform cake tin, press mixture down with your fingers to form a base.
For filling, combine all filling ingredients into a food processor or powerful blender and blend until mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
Pour over the base and smooth the top.
Place in the refrigerator to firm up
Decorate with fresh lime and coconut or toppings of your choice.