Do you lack motivation and energy when it comes to exercise? Or just don’t even know where to start? Well, you are definitely not alone!! There are many people out there that find it very difficult to start exercising. You want to, but you just can’t seem to make it happen. Is this you?
The good news is you can make such a huge difference in how you feel on a daily basis by starting with 10 – 15 minutes of walking a few times each week. You don’t need to do a full 1 hour workout and be exhausted for the rest of the day to start your exercise journey.
Firstly, set yourself a realistic goal, for example getting some walking clothes out the night before ready for a small 10 minute walk the next day. Once you have reached this, you can start to increase the amount of walking time, along with how often you do it in a week. Its amazing how small changes can make such a difference to how you feel!
I am a strong believer in walking and here is why:
- Walking burns fat and raises heart rate
- Doesn’t cost anything
- Easy on the body’s joints
- Increases circulation, therefore improves energy levels
- Promotes a positive mind, beneficial for those suffering anxiety and depression
- Vitamin D which helps promote a healthy mood
- Alleviates stress
- Even starting 10 minutes a few times each week will increase motivation
- No need to feel like you need fancy gym gear (wearing brands like Lorna Jane or LuLu Lemon won’t shred the kilo’s any quicker!)
- Doesn’t require driving anywhere
- There are no excuses!
- Realistic goals
Setting goals for yourself is a great way to stay motivated and to see how far you have progressed. If exercise is not your thing, start with a 10 – 15 minutes walk 2 x each week and increase.